The Bagpipe Coach
A highly collaborative piping education program to improve your craft.
One of the worlds most prominent and sought after pipers.
Building on a long career in both solo and band environments, Callum has come to the forefront of the piping world, winning many of the top prizes including The Clasp at the Northern Meetings and The World Pipe Band Championship both on four occasions.
Callum was introduced to bagpipes by Bert Smith at the age of 7 where he took up the chanter and progressed through the junior ranks, winning multiple gold medals at Cowal Highland Gathering, Scottish Junior Championship titles and a debut win of the MacGregor Memorial at 14 years of age.
Progressing to the senior grades, at the ripe age of 15, Callum finished second in the Piobaireachd section of the Duncan Johnstone Competition, his inaugural senior event. Throughout his senior years, Callum received his instruction from Tom Speirs and currently Willie MacCalllum.
Callum has also seen a fair amount of success with pipe bands in his years. At the age of 12, Callum joined the Grade 1 Lothian & Borders Police, moving on to Shotts & Dykehead, Simon Fraser University, ScottishPower and Inveraray & District.
The Bagpipe Coach is a progressive web-based subscription service designed to enhance your bagpipe playing. Instruction is always tailored to your own individual or pipe band needs.
Take advantage of flexible learning built around your schedule and even between lessons using WhatsApp with Callum. Monthly workshops are also available – addressing everything from technique to bagpipe maintenance, sound through to presentation.
Additional lessons over and above your package are £20 for 30 mins and £35 for 1 hour.
Free 20 minute consultation
8x30 mins private lessons
Tune analysis (max 10/mo)
Bagpipe & practice chanter recordings
Free access to Monthly Workshops
Video recorded classes
Supply PDF music
WhatsApp Chat with Callum
THE BAGPIPE COACH 8 WEEK COURSE
- 10x 50 minute classes every Sunday
- New subject every week
- All tunes selected will be suitable for all competition grades
- All classes have restricted access for those unable to make live session
- 26th September-Technique exercises
- 3rd October- Learn to play a 2/4 March
- 10th October- Learn to play a Strathspey
- 17th October- Learn to play a Reel
- 24th October- Learn to play a Piobaireachd
- 31st October- Learn to play a Hornpipe and Jig
- 7th November- Online recital by Callum Beaumont with question and answer session
- 14th November- Play for Feedback